This position reports to and supports the General Counsel with broad support and exposure to all legal issues relating to company business and operations. This position will work closely with a number of departments including Finance, Business Development, Investor Relations, R&D and the executive team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Advising on SEC related laws and requirements and drafting SEC filings
- Assisting Business Development in drafting and negotiating collaboration and partnering agreements
- Negotiating numerous contracts including master service agreements, consulting agreements, nondisclosure agreements, licensing agreements, leases, clinical study agreements, etc.
- Assisting with board of director/committee matters, including preparation of resolutions, assisting the secretary with maintenance of minute books, etc
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as necessary
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Superior academic credentials, including degree from ABA accredited law school and membership in at least one state bar
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of corporate/transactional law experience at top tier, national law firm
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: SEC laws and regulations, general commercial contracting matters, collaboration agreements and corporate governance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal interaction skills
- In-depth computer proficiency skills in MS Office suite
- May require travel – up to 10% of time.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.